True. A longsword might be a one-handed weapon but depending on the wielder's physical strength they might need the other hand to lend support if not direction.
Gabba gabba hey!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 5 Released!

Hi Bryan,
Those are some very good points/arguments in favor of holstering weapons before picking up items. After all any person using a shotgun is likely to steady it with one hand while using the other to pull the trigger. Another absolutely two-handed weapon is the bow. Your not going to have a hand free if using that weapon. As for the sword I imagine it to be a long sword similar to those used by Xena or Hercules on the television shows.Those certainly can be used one handed.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Well perhaps if you were using the pistol you could do that but I've never met a shotgun that could be wielded with one hand. And the sword could also be two-handed.
Gabba gabba hey!