Hi Shaun,
Sigh...That really wasn't my point. The point of my original article was how to overcome certain aspects of creating a roll playing game with the least amount of difficulty as possible. I certainly could write such a game in C, C++, Visual Basic, C-Sharp, or any other language I chose to, but based on my preliminary research creating such a game as a web based game was the least difficult option for me or anyone else interested in writing game book style roll playing games. That said, I haven't made any absolute decisions on weather or not the game will be an online game or a stand alone version. A lot of people jumped to the conclusion that my article meant I was talking specifically about Legends of Etheria, but I actually had intended to talk about creating a roll playing game in general. what I had found out, what problems I had encountered, and practical solutions for same. Finally, as for the .NET Framework that is of little concern at this point. After Mysteries of the Ancients is completed I will be officially dropping .NET support in my games and will be creating native Windows, Linux, and Mac OS games in C++ using core libraries and components. That will cut down on what dependencies a person will need to install.
Smile.

shaun everiss wrote:
hmmm I'd be happy to install all the dependencies on my system.
I have dotnet 1.1 to 3.5 with all service packs.
I have dx9 I have xna3 for entombed I have I think some my sql addins for this
to.
So if it was easy enough I'd load all the dependancies.