O no, no FPS please. How about something like quest for glory? It was a
strategy game with some combat thrown in.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:28 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating Roll Playing Games From Scratch

Hi Aaron,
Well, assuming I created a simple text interface, similar to the Infocom
games, there wouldn't be any software dependancies to speak of. However,
seeing as the Braille Plus is a type of note taker device any game
written for it would have to be pretty bare bones. I don't know at this
point exactly how bare bones I plan to get with this game. I might
decide to go to a more action based roll playing game since I am getting
a lot of requests for something more like an FPS rather than a game book
style game.

Valiant8086 wrote:
> Hi.
> yes it uses debian linux arm, at least that's what I've heard tell of. It
does give access to the console but I don't know anything about dependencies
or anything like that. I'm able to connect to alter aeon and mud on it using
the telnet client but that's about all I know how to do. It definitly
doesn't have things like pygame built into it. Heh, too bad. Playing
soundrts on that thing could be a hoot. If you have commands I can type to
find out what dependencies it has so you'd know, and if it made any
difference to you in the long run, I'd be glad to do so.

> It uses hmm, I can't remember. A popular console screen reader for TUI
distros of linux. I'd know if I heard it. You can use the number pad to
navigate. 7, 8, and 9 move up, read current or move down lines, 4 5 and 6 do
the same for words, 1 2 and 3 the same for characters.

> >From the browser point of view, it uses minny mo, which is supposed to be
baby firefox. It seems to work with dynamic content. I have never tried to
play srith on it. Maybe I should to see how it works. if you did develop a
browser based game I'm betting it would be a really simple browser page
setup that the browser in question could handle just fine.