I've never been an anne rice fan at all for various reasons, but I always took it that when Van Gelda talks about vampires having control over the elements, ---- this could include the element of fire!

In fact in white wolf's world of darkness vampire roleplay system, elemental control is in there too as a standard vampire power with fireball throwing at higher levels.

this also has fun powers like various sorts of mental domination, control over shadows and teleportation.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castlevania was Developer Time

Hi Bryan,
<Smile> That would be Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice. According to that book Akasha was the very first vampire, because she was the one the demon took over after what she did to marharet and Mekare. Anyway, that has little to do with my game idea though. One thing that book did do, however, is establish the fact that very old and very strong vampires can throw fireballs. In the Castlevania games Dracula's main attack was by throwing fireballs. At the time I thought that was rather odd, not a true vampire gift, but according to Anne Rice's books it is a part of vampire lore. So including that special gift in my own game wouldn't be that odd after all.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
That makes me think of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. The queen of the vampires was I believe an Egyptian woman named Akasha, who was a queen during her mortal life and assumed the same position when she became a vampire because if memory serves she was one of the very first.