Hi tom.

thanks for checking. i was banking on the basis that audio games, ---- unlike games like the latest doom or halflife offerings don't require gigantic processing speed or huge ram, ---- however lack of sound card doesn't sound as well (ha ha), especially sinse I want the netbook for general music and audio playback as well as games.

Reviews for the samsung range I've been looking at do recommend them for music and films though, so possibly they are at the better end of this markit.

I think i'm going to have to find either an intelligent sales rep or someone who owns a samsung and grill them about both processor power and audio capabilities before I commit hard cash.

Portability would be extremely nice, but as I'm actually talking about exchanging my portable computer, ---- I need to think carefully first.

thanks again for the research.

beware the grue!