There is a grade three but I don't believe I've ever seen anything written that way. Just the thought of all that game code written out in grade one braille is enough to make my blood run cold. And that's not even thinking of a program like, say the Microsoft Office suites. I imagine our games are small money compared to what the code for Microsoft Office would look like all written out in grade one. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lori Duncan" <lori_dunca...@hotmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Beta 12 Released

There's a grade 3??  I thought only 1 and 2!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Charles Rivard" <woofer...@sbcglobal.net>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:57 PM

Hi Charles,
Are you crazy?  Something this huge you can't braille financially
speaking. We are talking several boxes of 8-1/2 by 11 braille paper
just to print the code once. Since we are talking almost daily changes
to the program I would be constantly brailling out revisions which
would cost serious money. Plus let's not forget this all would be
grade 1 braille, not grade 2 or grade 3 braille, which means no
contractions etc to save space. Since programming depends largely on
symbols, unusual variable names, and math formulas grade 1 is the way
it has to be.

Smile.

Out of curiosity, for backups, do you have your code in braille? It would be a time consuming beach to recopy all of it, but it could be done. Hmm.
I wonder how many pages that would be?  Maybe about 1,000 or so?  And to
think, that would be just one game!  Gad!
---
In God we trust.