To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question

Even coming froma  developer, I like BGT due to the fact that it takes
concepts that are advanced and can put them in to something that the
mainstream can use.  Unfortunately, if you want to make a game that is any
good you need to learn some of the concepts behind programming. You do not
need to be an expert or a numbers genius, but you need to know what your
doing.  Having any sort of wizard would put the entire concept of
originality in jeopardy.  Imagine having a space invaders wizard. How many
levels, how many enemies, and so forth. Could you imagine if 30 people then spit out space invaders clones? Learning the scripting language will cause
people to make much more interesting games, as I think we've already seen,
and will be seeing in the future.  BGT is a system that will allow us to
move forward and not backwards. Having templates would only turn everything
around.