Hi Thomas,
I quite agree that games programming hardly comes naturally, but I remember being taught Visual Basic 6 in 2002, and I more or less grasped at least the syntax structure within a few weeks, and that was through casual learning, no courses. I think it was three or four months later that I started making useful programs - staff rosters and timetable creators, programs to try and assist the school I was in etc. It was less than a year when I started making a phonebook maker, password protector, and my extensive timer. If it didn't come naturally to me then I am at least a pretty quick learner. I think that's another reason why I grew so impatient with C++. Smile.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question

Hi Damien,
Well, unfortunately I don't think programming of any kind comes
naturally for most people. I know it didn't come naturally to me. I
went through a number of programming courses in college and whenI got
out I still needed quite a bit of practice before I got fairly good at
it. Bottom line, you have to learn and practice, practice, and
practice to get good at it.