Hi Thomas,
I believe if a developer really wants to learn the language and the tutorials do not help for whatever reason, then at least the examples produced by the wizard will hopefully allow them to see the language in action. I learnt the bulk of BGT through the language tutorial, but for example the network capabilities I had to really have a good and in-depth look at the examples to try and figure out how it worked. I've always learned better through practical learning rather than theory based.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question

Hi Liam,
Yes, in deed. the only way to become an expert at anything is
understanding how it works from early on. I don't believe doing a lot
of handholding, creating easy step by step wizards, etc would really
help a new developer as much as they might think. Part of learning and
growing is understanding how the language works and using a wizard
doesn't really teach a developer anything.