You might look into BGT, BLastbay Game Toolkit in case you don't know. It's only in Beta stages right now but it's shaping up to be a powerful development utility. The language may seem complicated at first (and I've in no way begun to master it), but once you've read te tutorial through thoroughly a few times and started playing with it it's actually a lot of fun. It basically takes the down and dirty nitty gritty stuff and does that part for you. Basically what you have to do is tell it what you want to do and how you want to do it. Philip Bennefall has been working on this for the better part of a year. The utility will cst something even to develop free games, unless of course you planned on making those particular titles open source, but the prices are reasonable in my book. I own the light version, which allows for the development of as many free itles as you wish. Then you have the Single License version which will cost about a hundred bucks. That allows you to develop one comercial title, though if it's a good one it'll more than cover the 400 dollars cost of the Unlimited version, which of course allows you to develop as many free or commercial games as your heart desires. If you're at all interested you can check out www.blastbay.com to download it and start playing with it. Just don't do what I tried to do and jump right in and start trying to develop a game right off the bat LOL.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tiffany Kim" <tiffanyki...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Is Bavisoft Still Around?

To receive no response from the company except when you suggest that
they make their games abandonware is a pretty sorry state indeed.  I
did locate an E-mail address when I clicked on the Paypal link, but I
wouldn't want to buy the games without knowing the address was a valid
one.  For kicks and giggles, I'll write to it and see if I get a
bounce or response, but I won't keep my hopes up.  Apparently, at the
UK site that was recommended, the games are 30 pounds apiece.  I'm in
the US and don't know the conversion rate, but from what everyone has
been saying, I'd be better off using that money to take a
correspondence course on programming so I could try developing my own
games, lol.  Learning how to do something like that has been on my
to-do list.  Does anyone know where I can go to get started?  Might be
a project I undertake next year!

Very true. As I just said, I'm entertaining the thought, but am not
going to do it... I'm not as crooked as some people out there. But I
do agree... if someone was to actually do it, it wouldn't be a good
precedent to set. But that doesn't change the fact that trying to
order directly through them or contact them via email is pretty much
a waste of time...