Hi Dark,

As far as the piracy rules of the Audyssey list goes we require
written permission from the developer/author in order to redistribute
games freely. As Dan, Philip Bennefall, and a few developers have
publically given permission to redistribute games like Super Deecout,
Tarzan Junior, etc we freely do so. With Code Factory they haven't
outright said you can't give their games away for  free, nor have they
given anyone outright permission to do so either.  For that reason I
haven't put any of their games on my website or allowed anyone to post
download links to Audyssey. It is a fine line between piracy and
simply redistributing supposed abandonware, and Raul and I would like
that definition to be a little more clear cut by the developers.

For example, let's take Montezuma's Revenge. That's a game that is
clearly abandonware, and I certainly created it. I have very clear cut
and specific reasons for not wanting the game to be redistributed. I
made a legal agreement not to redistribute/continue that game and am
probably legally bound by that agreement. Now, if someone starts
passing it around I could end up in trouble for it even though I
wasn't the one who initiated the distribution. For that reason I have
a firm no redistribution polacy with that game.

In other developers' cases, Code Factory, even though they currently
have no support for their games doesn't mean that a year from now they
will release new versions of said games. In which case we would have
given away a number of their games for free, pirated them, even though
they themselves had something in the works regarding those titles.
Therefore it is a good safeguard, even if it is nothing more than a
formality, to get the developer's permission before redistributing
software freely. We really don't know that Code Factory, Bavisoft, etc
really has nothing planned in the future. All we know is the appear to
be abandoned at the moment.

Cheers!