On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 05:29:29PM +1300, shaun everiss wrote:
> I have had a drive fall over.
> I almost lost everything I owned.
> And that would really suck.

[My Reply:]
        Ever think of checking the MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
rating on the drive to see how many hours it's expected to last, then
check the date of the first file created and the last and compare the
two?  I know mine are rated for five years of continuous operation, and
I expect to have saved up enough by then to replace them.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org

to around 22 cents a day needed to be set aside.