To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] pro was: Re: programming question

Hi Thomas,

I believe I will put mouse and joystick in lite, and then when I add force feedback I will reserve that for pro. That way I can have something for both worlds, as it were.

As for joysticks being better, I'm sure they are in a lot of situations but I can also see many cases where the keyboard might be preferable. In the game I am currently developing and in those I have planned for the future, the keyboard offers a lot more options than a joystick does. Unless, of course, the gamers have a proper game pad with 8 or more buttons. Most audio game players don't, however, and so it would be foolish for me to make games that absolutel required these as I would be losing a lot of business. I have a very basic joystick with 4 buttons, and that's it. I enjoy using it but it's not my favorite source of input even for the games that do support it.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall