Hi Damien,

Damien wrote:

A game controller and external mouse would fill up three USB ports on
the machine.

My reply:

Ummm...How exactly do you figure that. That's only two ports as far as
I can see. One for the game controller and one for the mouse.

Damien wrote:

I am using
a laptop, which is meant to be portable, I am already connecting an
external hard
drive, keyboard, printer, router and MIDI keyboard. If I had to connect any more
external devices I wouldn't be surprised if it exploded with the
amount of required
power to run everything. Lol.

My reply:

I know the feeling. My laptop is in a similar situation. However, the
most practical answer to that problem is to simply unhook whatever it
is you are not using and hook up your game controller. Sheesh, its not
like you can't do without an external hard drive or midi keyboard for
a couple of hours.

Cheers!