Personally tom, i'd love to see people be able to enjoy the sort of fun i do everytime I fire up a game like Turrican, metroid or mega man in audio.

I've enjoyed them for years and stil do and will love to have exploration platformers with multidirectional enemies.

Pluss this also means, if by any chance I lost my remaining vision in future I automatically wouldn't have to say goodbye to this style of game, which has actually been a fear of mine in the past (though provided I keep up with my medication my sight should remain stable).

I do think audiogames audio games in 3D have done very well, in fact as I've said before it was playing shades of doom with it's multiuple weapons and explorable first person base which actually got me interested in audiogames first off.

but certainly this tradition hasn't been carried on in too many other action games as yet, and certainly not in 2D.

Beware the grue!