I don't think your speculating, because if you get a computer now it will have a 64bit op. That is what all the screen readers are moving towards. If those that know VB6 would of just looked or tried one of the .nets. They would see how some of coding is easier and how some is not, but at least lacking the hair pulling of not knowing why your stuff don't work on todays op. Its not pulling teeth! Its just keeping in step so what you right works instead of being yesterdays left overs like dos is now. I tried to run a straight dos program on my win7 64bit op and it just sat there. So did the rest of the op, frozen in time and just as useless. So they maybe lucky now there stuff can be made to work. The question is will it on next op? Because you know as soon as it comes out. New boxes will ship and the VI will be getting them from those hand out orgs! So remember time is real short for VB6 and you can stand by it all you want. Alone! personally, I won't tech a out of date program. Just to hard trying to get libs that are no long there. Here is a good example. There are a lot of us out hear doing the flight sim thing. Most are using FS2000 or better like FSX. All of them came out before 2006 and take some doing to get working on todays ops. The problem is with it you have to move up or the new code has a harder time working with the sim. Just like those using FS2000 or FS9 use FS navigator. Will FS navigator along with those versions of sims are no longer supported or even offer support. The new sim called flight sim took 5 years to come out and was stopped, because it already was left behind by the ops and hardware. Something to think about, not even released and already game over!