Hi Jeremy,
Very well written man, one of the best emails i've seen on here in a long time. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions and all that, but what bugs me about the preaching from on high attitude regarding programming languages is the attacks on other languages and methods and the fact that this might impact folks trying to get started with programming in a negative way. in the recent discussion about python, some folks painted python in a way that made it seem like nothing serious could be done with it, which is just total crap. As the famous quote goes, your entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. to discourage folks from learning what may be a great system for them because you personally don't like it is something that just shouldn't happen on this list in my opinion, especially since this list seems to have a lot of bright young minds on it that are anxious to learn more about programming, and who knows, one of them might end up making a killer game that helps us get away from a mind set that most accessible games need to be modeled on 25 year old arcade games.
   later,
che