Hi tom.

the Nes classics series is, like the other nes classics games, a direct port of nes donkey kong for the Gba. i already have a couple of these, namely castlevania and ice climbers, and have been thinking about getting doctor marrio, but as I said I was put off donkey kong by the lack of levels, given it's the same price as a gba game.

As regards emulation, I've always found that a litle hit and miss. i've emulated stuff that I can't get else where, like the original turrican series, and used mame to play some of my favourite arcade games like ninja turtles, original double dragon and simpsons, but haven't done more than that really.

Atari emulation might be fun though, sinse I do miss playing games like joust, berzerk and yars' revenge.

Again though, there are some pretty awsome retro remakes out there, and they have the advantage of being made by fans of the originals to work on todays machines, which helped a lot (the fan produced mega man games I mentioned for instance are pretty awsome).

when I get back to my flat and my desktop in september, and thus have a large enough screen to make it worth while, I'll look around and see what I can find.

Beware the grue!