Thank you Thomas.  It seems like we are on the same page here.  Of course we
are concentrating on different things, the common thread is that we are seeing
the importance of pushing forward.  You are hoping to push higher standards of
development, I am trying to push for some different ideas that I haven't seen
here, while I'm sure others are pushing for new interface ideas for existing
game types.  In the future we need all of these things, and more!  We can't
expect anyone to work on everything, but as long as we can get people pushing
forward in their own unique way, it opens the door for the advancements to be
combined.  It is inevitable that future developers will use game ideas someone
had to pioneer, develop them to a quality standard someone had to push to
happen, and use far greater controls which someone took the time to envision.
A person pushing advancements down any path, will eventually work its way into
everything else.

I wouldn't be qualified to handle this, but if anyone else feels up to it, I
know what kind of articles I would be very interested in reading.  Pick some
style of game that is popular now, I'll use side scroller as an example.  Write
about the earlier games that used the style, pointing out how each improved the
style and raised the bar for the next game.  I would love to read about game
ideas, control features, level layouts, and so forth that clearly worked well
and then showed up in later games.  Detailing how changes solved past problems,
and bringing attention to what problems still seem to exist today, will help
encourage people to theorize their own solutions to the problems.  Just off of
the top of my head, how pits or raised platforms are handled seems to be
something of a current issue.  People have tried different approaches in games,
and I'm sure there Has! to have been a steady stream of advancement in this
area.  I'm sure the sidescroller
 developers have ideas for how to further improve them down the road also.
This kind of stuff is very interesting to me, because it would shed light on a
puzzle which has been passed from developer to developer.  I might learn that
my idea has been tried by someone, and I could read about how well or poorly it
was received by the players.  Hopefully it would breed discussion, and speed up
the rate of new advancements.

I'm just tossing ideas out there.  It is always annoying when someone suggests
that a job be done, but doesn't volunteer to do it himself, lol!  For that, I
apologize everyone!  :)