I'm close to releasing my 16th beta, and it hasn't even been a month I don't
think.  I believe Thomas has the right idea with releasing betas for the
community to give feedback on.  This is not only a good way to catch bugs that
show up on different people's systems, but it also allows people to voice
concerns about things he may consider changing or tweaking.  I am a strong
believer, that involving the community during development, will lead to a
better product.