Hi Michael,

Sure. There isn't anything on the GMA website about the GMA engine,
because David Greenwood won't share any information about it unless
you purchase a demo/evaluation version of the software. Which as I
recall was something like $50 just for the evaluation version or
something like that. I decided not to use that engine myself for a
number of technical reasons, and the main one was I knew I had the
skills to create something equal in one of the .Net languages or C++.
So didn't have to pay the kind of licensing fees David wanted for the
engine.

Anyway, I understand your point. Something like Shades of Doom or
Sarah isn't that far behind the mainstream in some areas. That's
precisely the types of games I will be producing with my own game
engine, G3D, and of course anyone who licenses Philip Bennefall's BGT
can create a game exactly on par with what you are discussing. So we
are getting there. Its a matter of getting the right tools in the
hands of developers and giving them the proper training to use them
that is holding us back at this point as far as I am concerned.

As far as talking about mainstream games on list it is perfectly fine
to talk about them on list. This is a gaming list after all. So if you
want to talk about them its totally on topic for the list. I'm sure
other gamers and developers would like to hear about them as well.

Cheers!