On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:00:55 -0700, Daniel Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed how the [EMAIL PROTECTED] spam is getting a little
> out of hand?  perhaps now would be a good time to change that address.

Well, this looks like another Microsoft worm spreading like wildfire.
This is yet another variant of the Sobig worm:
  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I got several hundred copies of it in the last 6 hours.  Most of them
came from [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Sigh!

We cannot easily change that address because that would require changing
all gimp bugs, which are using this as the contact address.  But as I
suggested during GIMPcon, we could configure this address so that it
accepts mails from Bugzilla only.  Anything that is not coming from
Bugzilla would be bounced back to the sender.

-RaphaŽl