On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 10:32:01PM -0500, BandiPat wrote:
> On Thursday 08 December 2005 14:54, Carol Spears wrote:
> [...]
> > i did not suggest reporting a bug -- i have no idea how they work.  i
> > suggested contacting them.
> >
> > it builds fine on debian.  it builds fine on whatever seth is working
> > on.  i read of other people using it.  the suggestion that other
> > plug-ins be built is a good one -- it would take an interested SUSE
> > user to build one though.
> >
> > the fact that Patrick is having problems with it eliminates a lot of
> > needing to prove there is a problem for me.
> >
> > i would like to see how they work with that "Professional" titled
> > distribution, personally -- just so you know i do have a personal
> > interest in this.
> >
> > carol
> ========
> Ok, somebody help clue me in here.  I've been following this thread
> somewhat, but not enough that I remember what it started about.  Seems
> someone running SuSE tried to build/compile a plugin that needed
> gimp-perl, then everything got sidetracked with gimp-perl and harsh
> remarks about SuSE.  Is that the gist of it?

i did not mean to say anything bad about suse.  i have been alive for
several decades and have other experiences that make me question the
title "professional" in things and when describing people.  and not all
experiences with the title have been bad either.  it really simply seems
to be independent of the word, whether the software or the person is
such.

i stated and i meant it, that i have never used the distribution.  this
is the reason i wanted to know how it works.  both to build things on
and to get answers from.

> It sounds like a simple problem overall, especially in SuSE.  ;o)

yes it does.

> It's those darn Debian users that confuse things while not following the
> LSB, etc.  Maybe one day they can use a good Linux distro too?  Don't
> you think SuSE people?  ;o)

i use debian because the gimp people suggested it.  working with debian
and working with them have both been challenges.

i can make my computer work and i can make software work, but i cannot
make a place for myself in the world.  at this point, it seems that it
would take little boys to grow up or old boys to shut up or other women
to give it up -- i dunno.

does anyone know a good lawyer?  forget the distribution and license
wars.  I am simply in need of a good lawyer now, myself.  it is much
more important than whether gimp-perl can build on suse or not.  it is
even more important than if gimp is better than other apps or can do
this or has a useable gui.

this one human being needs a lawyer.

thanks,

carol