On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 10:14:29PM -0500, BandiPat wrote:
> On Saturday 10 December 2005 13:50, Manish Singh wrote:
> [...]
> > So, with installing glib2-devel, did that work? If not, install
> > gtk-devel, pango-devel, and atk-devel as well.
> >
> > It's rather disappointing that after all these years, SuSE still
> > can't get their package dependencies right.
> >
> > -Yosh
>
> Yosh,
> Those statements are just plain silly.  Obviously you know very little
> about SuSE or didn't put much thought into those two sentences before
> sending out the mail.

I put thought into it. As I pointed out in my other mail, it seems like
you're the one who didn't think things through before sending out
emails.

A gimp-devel package *must* have a dependency that either directly or
indirectly pulls in glib-devel. If it doesn't, the package's dependency
specification is broken.

SuSE has a history of being shoddy in this regard, other examples that
have affected gimp are glib-devel not requiring pkg-config, aalib being
linked against slang but not requiring slang-devel, and a few more I
can't recall off the top of my head right now.

Please next time actually read and comprehend what's going on in the
thread instead of sending out poorly researched knee-jerk defenses of
your pet Linux distro.

-Yosh