On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

​When I awoke early this morning, I saw the way forward.  It should satisfy
> everybody:

​Rev 4c953099 puts the new scheme in place.  It seems to work well.

There is now no need for any git hooks.  You can disable them if you like,
but they won't interfere with anything if they exist.

leoVersion.py contains the new code. It is much simpler than the old.​

I'll be testing this further while creating Leo 5.4b1.  Expect it later