On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 5:24:23 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

​Rev 4c953099 puts the new scheme in place.  It seems to work well.

> There is now no need for any git hooks.  You can disable them if you like,
> but they won't interfere with anything if they exist.
>
> ​The format of ​commit_timestamp.json has changed.  It now looks like:
>
> {"date": "Mon Oct 17 05:07:33 2016",
>   "hash": "4c953099afa22f39def13f04a0df5cae62c86a1b"}
>
> @button make-leo creates this file, so it doesn't matter if your git hook
> messes with it, especially since your version won't be pushed ;-)

Well, I had to remove commit_timestamp.json from .gitignore and add it back
to the list of tracked files so that git archive would write it.

This is a bit disappointing, because it means that commit_timestamp.json
will still be around.  Otoh, it won't cause any conflicts if we all remove
our git hooks...