On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 10:55 AM schoone...@gmail.com <schoone...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 31/08/18 16:19, Condit Alan wrote:
>
> Schooner,
>
> So I am trying to build a Machinekit system on Stretch. But I sort of
> expected that the configs that were released on the Stretch image would at
> least load
>

> There is a basic lack of understanding of the process here
>
> The image is nothing to do with machinekit, it is released by RCN who is
> an authority on BBB and all things ARM, but he just builds, or installs the
> packages, for the current Machinekit.
>
> The configs were written or adapted by people using Xenomai on Wheezy most
> likely.
>
> Doubtless many people have adapted them to run on rt-preempt and Stretch,
> but no-one has submitted working configs for inclusion in the repo, so they
> are not there.

I would take a look at the Replicape-Stretch dir:

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/tree/master/configs/ARM/BeagleBone

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/blob/master/configs/ARM/BeagleBone/Replicape-Stretch/README.md

and use that for comparison..

I think the old 3.8.13-bone xenomai will be the old default for awhile..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/