(sending again to the list with the proper From)

Hello

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 02:26:53PM -0700, Luis E. Muñoz via mailop
wrote:
On 11 Oct 2019, at 9:06, Chris Wedgwood via mailop wrote: > > It doesn't seem to be in a particularly bad neighborhood, either. > > if i'm guessing your IP right, my local test sees 7 "bad actors" in > your /24 (2.73%) and 50 in your /16 (~0%) > > whilst that's not nearly as bad as many sources, it's worse than > most > that send legitimate email My stats are a bit different – I count SMTP interactions. About 2.74% of the interactions from his /24 in the last 3 days have been malicious. 13 total IPs observed vs 1 IP with malicious interactions (7.6%). While I have no direct control on how this data is used by third parties, I'm pretty sure this likely triggers a small penalty for most of the /24 and an outright block for the 1 malicious IP. Every system manages its own rules though. Best regards -lem

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 09:06:06AM -0700, Chris Wedgwood via mailop
wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be in a particularly bad neighborhood, either. if i'm guessing your IP right, my local test sees 7 "bad actors" in your /24 (2.73%) and 50 in your /16 (~0%) whilst that's not nearly as bad as many sources, it's worse than most that send legitimate email

Is there any service I can use to check the reputation of an ASN?

I, like the OP, run my own personal email server and suffer from
difficulties reaching friends and family that i've never mailed before
(my first email go to spam folder, then they whitelist me and its all
fine)

For the last ~6 years I'm in Linode but I'd be willing to change
hoster if I'm certain their IPs are better. But Is hard to know
beforehand and migrating an email server is not easy.

I don't spam, and barely send out a few emails/month, I want to use a
hoster that is very strict about sending emails, but I don't know where
to look for. Buying a /24 is too expensive for personal usage.

thanks

PS: I know about http://multirbl.valli.org and others to check if my IP
is blacklisted, also have an script that runs from cron and alerts me if
I get into any blacklist (never happened, except for my IPv6 which I've
disabled since then)

--
IRC: gfa
GPG: 0x27263FA42553615F904A7EBE2A40A2ECB8DAD8D5