So sorry to bring rain to the parade..

Reality is like that.   The internal combustion engine is noisy, stinks,
pollutes, and it's inefficient. However, to date, there is no practical
replacement for use in motorcars.

The theory can be raised that mankind is inherently lazy. Horses, for
example, require incredible effort to feed, contain, train, and tame. Yet,
for centuries, they were the method of transport because humans would
rather ride than walk..

Go Green, Be Clean.... as long as it's easy..