Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:15:26 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: silencing the modem?


Hi Tom

On 12/02/00 Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  TR>>>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:27:32 -500 From: Tom Rutherford
  TR>>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: silencing the modem?

  JG>Have you got a source I can refer to so I can find out
  JG>some more on this finite life &W feature?

  TRTR>                                              ...but I make
  TR>it a TR>practice *never* to put &W in a modem init. string,
  TR>and I always advise others to use &W only when needed.
  TR>YMMV, and all that stuff.

  JG>Thanks for the background. I've now fallen in line <g>

  TR>Your modem will love you.  :-)  Are you the one with the Windows
  TR>setup that did that for you?  :-)  I think the manufacturer
  TR>wanted to sell you another modem, eventually.

It's a Hayes Optima 288 VFC+Fax and it must be quite rugged as I spent
the first week after I bought it second hand failing to get it to work
until I substituted 9v AC for the 9V DC I'd been using <g>

Cheers

jaygee


"NT with NTR - DOS alive in Win95"




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to