Hi,

www.pragma-ade.com

http://www.pragma-ade.com/download.htm

> - current official documentation (I didn't mean
>   "documentationsssssssssss")

Well, ConTeXt is too complicated to have all aspects in one book.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/links.htm

>>> - which/where is the reference documentation
>>>   (don't reply with some recursive answer!)
>>
>> Hmm, the problem is that the documentation is* notoriously outdated
>> and incomplete.
>> But I think the "ConTeXt - the manual" is rather good though
>> incomplete.

> Yes I agree that "ConTeXt - the manual" is **the** currently reference
> manual.
> As such, it should probably be a more or less maintained an uptodate
> (but not as other said "uptodate" context documents :-) version.

I agree with you there. The documentation should be updated a bit and
put togehter. The uptodate manuals should go into different manuals
and vanish, since they are not uptodate anymore (perhaps they are
uptodate, but the date is behind).

[...]

Talking about a sourceforge project. I guess that Hans would still
keep his ConTeXt distribution private (at PRAGMA ADE [btw. what is
the correct way to write your company's name?]) and not care very
much about any other SF project (as long as it does not get into his
way), but would be very reluctant giving support for the different
project. Once an tool is necessary for your everyday work, it is a
bad thing to give it out of your control.

If you need a SF project, make one (actually, there is one as I have
been told). But keep in mind that you should follow the license
restrictions in mreadme.pdf *and* you have to do all by yourself,
since most people here (I guess) are happy the way it is now.

Patrick
--
texshow-web:  http://members.ping.de:8061
ConTeXt wiki: http://members.ping.de:8062