Hi Robert,

Thanks for looking into this.

--- On Thu, 18/12/08, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> The core OSG library does link against the MATH_LIBRARY,
> but the other
> non of the other core libraries do.

Apparently not on MacOSX using cmake :)

Take a look at

src/osgText/CMakeFiles/osgText.dir/link.txt

without the change you just made. In fact take a look at any of the link.txt
files for each OSG library. Thay all have /usr/lib/libm.dylib in there.

> I've added a entry of
> MATH_LIBRARY into the linking of osgText.  Could you do an
> svn update
> and see if the error is fixed?

I got the svn version and no it doesn't fix it. All it does is move the

/usr/lib/libm.dylib

reference on the link line to a different place!

> The fact you've got errors but others under OSX
> haven't reported this
> (including myself) suggests that must be something else
> going w.r.t
> gcc/SDK's you are using on your machine.

I'm sorry I haven't explained this well enough. The goal here is to *not* have
any explicit reference to libm.dylib on the link line.

The symbols reside in the SDK version of the library at

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/libm.dylib

and *not* necessarily at

/usr/lib/libm.dylib

which is what the MATH_LIBRARY is set to. This is fine for UNIX but not Mac as
it should be the former that is used for a consistent build (if there are Mac
developers out there who disagree please correct me - I'm new to this).

By omitting the explicit reference to libm.dylib the Mac build system takes
care of this automatically and gets the symbols from the SDK version of the
library.

Users who are not seeing this problem have all the symbols they require in
/usr/lib/libm.dylib and are, as I understand it, lucky ;)

Paul