On Dec 24, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:

> Well, some good news and some not so good news:
>
> 1) I can print from my MacBook Pro w/Retina.  I tested 8.5 x 11 and 13 x 19
> paper size and various templates including the custom package template.  No
> problem.

Good.

> 2) In completing my test above, I exported my 2013 PAW collection as a
> catalogue to an external drive, then hooked that external drive up to the
> MacBook Pro, imported, then printed using a custom package template on 13 x
> 19 inch paper.  No problems.

Good.

> 3) From the iMac desktop, I was able to print from Previews and Photoshop
> Elements 11, though because I never print from Elements, I had to learn by
> trial and error how to choose the settings I wanted.  Ugh, much prefer
> printing from Lightroom, but I suppose with more practice, I’ll get the hang
> of printing from Elements.

Ach. No need.

> 4) I did call Epson and explained the situation, and the guy said if it’s
> printing in other applications and on a different computer, then the chances
> are strong something is wrong with the copy of Lightroom 5 that I downloaded.
>  Seems logical and is what Godfrey suggested.

It has to be the problem, at this point.

> 5) Of course, this means I have to contemplate uninstalling Lightroom 5 on my
> iMac and then reinstalling Lightroom 5 on my iMac, and *that* thought
> terrifies me!!!  However . . .
>
> 6) This might be a good time to address an issue I’ve been avoiding:  general
> photo housekeeping  and a possible rethink about my photo management, which
> isn’t so good.  Anyway . . .
>
> 7) Before I uninstall Lightroom 5 on my iMac—which is just dragging the app
> icon to the trash, right?—does any one have any thoughts or recommendations?
> I have just backed up my catalogues, which are only a few.  I’d like to call
> Adobe and tell them I’m going to do this so there’s no problem with a
> redownload.  I have really fast internet now—55 mbs, so I’m not worried about
> download.
>
> 8) I’m not going to do this today or tomorrow obviously, but I will have to
> address this within the week.  I can’t print now anyway because I’m out of
> some ink cartridges—of course!
>
> So if you have any thoughts or advice, I’d be grateful.

Uninstalling Lightroom is a piece of cake, Christine. Just drag it to the trash
and empty the trash. Don't need to do anything else … don't move your catalog
folder or disturb the other Adobe stuff in your account's Library folder. Just
drag the app to the trash and empty the trash.

Than re-install LR 5.3 release. No need to call Adobe … Lightroom does not do
the "phone home" thing that PSCS does. Download a fresh copy as many times as
you need, it's no biggie because LR is only a couple hundred Mbytes, not Gbytes
like PSCS.

That's it. It should take you all of twenty minutes, including the download, at
most. Do it now, it'll put your mind at ease. After you finish the
installation, just double click on your usual catalog file and it should wake
up exactly as you left it.

This is not a big deal.  :-)

Godfrey