Thoughts from a non-expert:
1. Have you tried a permissions repair? Followed by a restart?
2. If/when you delete the LR5, do a permissions repair before and after the
deletion, before the new installation.
3. And again after the installation.

It may be akin to wiggling your nose while rubbing your head and running around
the chair three times, but even superstitious behavior can sometimes be helpful.

stan