Hi Gang:

Well, some good news and some not so good news:

1) I can print from my MacBook Pro w/Retina.  I tested 8.5 x 11 and 13 x 19
paper size and various templates including the custom package template.  No
problem.

2) In completing my test above, I exported my 2013 PAW collection as a
catalogue to an external drive, then hooked that external drive up to the
MacBook Pro, imported, then printed using a custom package template on 13 x 19
inch paper.  No problems.

3) From the iMac desktop, I was able to print from Previews and Photoshop
Elements 11, though because I never print from Elements, I had to learn by
trial and error how to choose the settings I wanted.  Ugh, much prefer printing
from Lightroom, but I suppose with more practice, I’ll get the hang of printing
from Elements.

4) I did call Epson and explained the situation, and the guy said if it’s
printing in other applications and on a different computer, then the chances
are strong something is wrong with the copy of Lightroom 5 that I downloaded.
Seems logical and is what Godfrey suggested.

5) Of course, this means I have to contemplate uninstalling Lightroom 5 on my
iMac and then reinstalling Lightroom 5 on my iMac, and *that* thought terrifies
me!!!  However . . .

6) This might be a good time to address an issue I’ve been avoiding:  general
photo housekeeping  and a possible rethink about my photo management, which
isn’t so good.  Anyway . . .

7) Before I uninstall Lightroom 5 on my iMac—which is just dragging the app
icon to the trash, right?—does any one have any thoughts or recommendations?  I
have just backed up my catalogues, which are only a few.  I’d like to call
Adobe and tell them I’m going to do this so there’s no problem with a
redownload.  I have really fast internet now—55 mbs, so I’m not worried about
download.

8) I’m not going to do this today or tomorrow obviously, but I will have to
address this within the week.  I can’t print now anyway because I’m out of some
ink cartridges—of course!

So if you have any thoughts or advice, I’d be grateful.

Big cheers, Christine