Edwina, List:

Lest we get bogged down any further in yet another tiresome exegetical
battle, I will simply say that I find almost nothing in your last post to
be consistent with my understanding of Peirce's own thought.  I once again
leave it to the List community to decide which of us--if either of us--has
demonstrated the more accurate interpretation.

Regards,

Jon