John, List,
In the same vein, I also published another article in Academia.edu, which
consists of a commented reading of CP 265, the item that follows his
diagram of affinities between classes of signs of 2.264 (a sort of
intuition that Peirce had of the structure of order that is a lattice,
which I have shown many times). Probably I wasn't convincing enough.
Perhaps this comment will be more convincing. There is no mention of
Tone/Mark, Token, or Type, but of course, they are present in other names.

 https://www.academia.edu/44462107/Other_subdivisions_of_signs
<https://www.academia.edu/44462107/Other_subdivisions_of_signs>

As for hypoicons, which I, too, have noted appear only once in MS 478, I am
in the process of finalizing a solid argument, at my peril, of course, to
the effect that this notion should be abandoned because it is invalidated
by the contents of MS 540.  My conclusion is that these hypoicons, wrongly
considered as a sort of subdivisions of icons (which I myself erroneously
theorized) are a kind of shadow image of the trichotomy of the object of
the sign, forgotten by Peirce in MS 478. But that's another story.
Regards,
Robert

Honorary Professor ; PhD Mathematics ; PhD Philosophy
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Marty
*https://martyrobert.academia.edu/ <https://martyrobert.academia.edu/>*