At 12:47 PM 3/6/01 +1300, Brendon Slade wrote:

>When rotating from zero degrees to form a circle, what comes after 359
>degrees?  It has to be 360 degrees, right?  While multiples of 360 degrees
>end at the start point, being 0 degrees, using a start point of 0 and an end
>point of 360 degrees shows the path of a full circle, as opposed to a start
>of 0 and an end of 0, which results in an arc of 0 length.

What about starting at 90 degrees and ending at 90 degrees?

Zero is deceptive because it is a bearing with more than one name.

Yes, 0 to 0 is zero length trignonometrically, and 90 to 90 would also be
zero length. A full circle starting at 90 would be 450 degrees endpoint.
But we don't want those complications, do we?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433