At 12:51 PM 5/2/01 +1000, Linden Doyle wrote:

>     My apologies if this reply appears ignorant - I have not been following
>this thread as it has no immediate relevance.

On the contrary, Mr. Doyle has scooped us. No one else writing in this
thread seemed to be aware of the Protel IPC-D-356 capability of Protel,
other than Mr. Henzi from Lavenir, who made an oblique reference to it.

>     I have just generated a Test Point report for a design I have completed.
>     Under the CAM Manager's Test Point report generator there are a number
>of selectable options that deal with IPC-D-356. I have not explored them yet
>(lack of time at the moment) but maybe these can produce a Netlist of use.

I looked at the report with all options checked and, at first glance, it
appears to be a very thorough IPC-D-356 netlist, including adjacency, board
outline, and track information.

Perhaps some others were aware of this, but it was not apparent, at least
to me, from what they wrote. We were probably expecting such a report to be
under Reports, or, perhaps, Design/Netlist, but, instead, it is a CAM
Manager option.

My thanks to Mr. Doyle as well as to Mr. Henzi for troubling to write to
us. We don't need to write an IPC-D-356 netlist extractor, nor do we need
to lobby Protel to produce one. It's been done. I hope it was done right,
to be sure, but that is a question for another day....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433