> Thanks Max,
> just thought I may have missed something significant with regards to
> the conversation. I wish Protel and other CAD packages would address
> pastemask layer issues, Protel is so close with their pad attributes which
> can be edited for soldermask tenting, etc.. I don't know why they haven't
> thought about pastemask attributes for inclusion as well.
>
> Brad Velander

Brad,

In what way do you think that Protel should lift their act as far as Paste
Mask layer issues are concerned?

It is now possible to set Paste Mask expansion values by using either Design
Rules *or* from the "Pad" dialog box; with previous versions, it was one or
the other, but not both. In a previous posting, I commented that setting an
expansion value from the dialog box should result in the generation (or
modification) of a corresponding Design Rule, which would
"track"/"co-register" the dialog box modification; I followed that up with
yet another posting in which I indicated that there could be problems with
this approach as far as non-unique pads are concerned.

But I suspect that you have something else in mind, and I would be
interested in details.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer