At 09:37 AM 12/13/01 -0600, Frank Gilley wrote:

>Now, I would like to point out that all of us who post regularly to this
>list are "public figures" now, and might receive preferential treatment
>simply to keep stuff like this off this board.  I don't know if this is
>happening, but it sure isn't brain surgery to figure that
>out....especially since they are now charging for the black hole treatment.

If anyone is getting preferential treatment in order to keep criticism off
of this list, it is invisible to me. Once I was contacted by Mr. Martin and
asked to cease a particular discussion -- this was more than a year ago;
there were legal issues involved, Protel was researching them, there was
possible harm to users and/or to Protel, so I agreed. There was no quid pro
quo, no special treatment offered to me.

I have seen no sign of any other attempt to influence my writing. At
various times, I have heard comments from Protel officers like "you ought
to never have to pay for an upgrade again," but this was spontaneous and as
an expression of gratitude for the work I have done, not a carrot offered
to induce me to some action.

I haven't called Protel for support, ever, so I don't have experience with
that. I was introduced to this list from the beginning. I've called many
times with issues around license resales, etc. My impression has been that
most of the people I talked with did not know who I was. (When Protel was
in Utah, usually I was recognised.)

I do, however, have some access to back channels; I've had good
correspondence and conversations with a number of Protel/Altium officers,
up to the top; but I have not attempted to use those channels; I've been
intending to write to Protel about the ATS situation and some related
issues, but I haven't found the time yet.

It was true at one time that nearly every Protel employee read this list.
My impression is that this has changed, particularly the U.S. sales people
don't seem to be aware of how discussions are going here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA