K, I decided to call them myself... should have done this before.  Sorry I
was skeptical Mr. Lomax.

Protel Sales stated the following:
You are right, if you purchase the 98 to 99SE upgrade for $1995, you get
the next version FREE.  [Yep, that IS a Most Excellent deal; I don't see
any other way to slice that.]
If you purchased 99SE after Oct 1, you get the next version FREE.  This is
effectively because you already paid for it.  ($8K instead of $5K)
If you purchased 99SE before Oct 1, you get to PAY for the next
version.  Price is indeterminate, but they suspect $1995.

End quotes by Protel Sales...
Additionally, I understand that all of the above will include any service
packs released during your ATS membership... and there will be no further
service packs for 99SE.

Sorry I doubted you on this Abdulrahman.
I hope this settles this issue :)

At 11:21 PM 12/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I could have said this more strongly:
>
>At 03:30 PM 12/13/01 -0600, Frank Gilley wrote:
>>Do you know for a fact that upgrading from 98 to 99SE will get you the
>>next release free due to ATS membership?  Or is this speculation?
>
>ATS explicitly includes upgrades released during the ATS period, that's
>practically the whole point.
>
>The only way you would not get the next upgrade would be if Altium
>postponed Phoenix more than a year from the date you upgrade, i.e., to
>later than December 2002. I'd say that the only way that this would happen
>would be for Altium to go completely down the tubes; they have invested a
>great deal of their IPO and second-round financing in the Phoenix
>technology, and release is already overdue, we expected the new autorouter
>more than six months ago.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Abdulrahman Lomax
>Easthampton, Massachusetts USA