>i just hit the 'restore defaults' button in layer display order dialog
>don't do it!
>all my mech layers disappeared except when they were current
>
>i had to go hack the ADVPCB*.ini file to put back all the 'new' mech
>layers
>
>Dennis Saputelli

Full-Bore Rant Is On:
I must say, this particular bug just flat out hacks me off.  Something so
freakin' glaring and debilitating, yet Protel REFUSES to fix it.  Any bug
that will *persistently* screw up your 99SE installation just by pressing a
button should warrant a service pack all by itself.  It is just
inconceivable that Protel management would rather keep this
super-embarrassing bug in their FLAGSHIP SOFTWARE than break down and issue
a service pack for it.  And from a programming standpoint, it is so easy to
fix!  What could possibly be their reasoning?  It doesn't make sense from
an economic standpoint not to fix it-- every time a new customer pushes
that button it will likely generate a call to tech support sooner or
later.  Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be for the tech support
agents to have to explain this to people over and over and over again for
the last few years?  "Yes sir, we know if you push that button it will mess
up your installation permanently......why haven't we done anything about
it?...well, uhm, management has directed us not to take any action on this,
ever....we're sorry sir, but I'm quite sure the person responsible for that
decision is not available to come to the phone...."   No wonder tech
support doesn't like to call you back.  I'll bet some days they just can't
take getting yet another earful from another incredulous and angry customer.
Anyway, this repeatedly demonstrated "policy" toward bug and functionality
service is a most grand, very loud, and quite clear warning for us all
concerning what ATS is (expensive) and is not (even a whiff of change in
Protel management's attitude toward product service) and what we can expect
from future products.

Protel Management:  Demonstrate that 1+1 in your world does equal 2.  Issue
service pack 7 for 99SE.  It would go along way toward restoring confidence.

Rant Dissipated

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone
(918) 838-8814 Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dellstar.com

* Tracking #: 0433C9E7F98F0947AF0C5BB5F5D14EE248C99F04