On 11:29 AM 9/07/2002 -0500, Frank Gilley said:

>>i just hit the 'restore defaults' button in layer display order dialog
>>don't do it!
>>all my mech layers disappeared except when they were current
>>
>>i had to go hack the ADVPCB*.ini file to put back all the 'new' mech
>>layers
>>
>>Dennis Saputelli
>

>Full-Bore Rant Is On:
>I must say, this particular bug just flat out hacks me off.  Something so
>freakin' glaring and debilitating, yet Protel REFUSES to fix it.

This particular bug was first discovered, as far as I am aware, on
13/09/2001 (in sensible format  - dd/mm/yy :-) ) and a fix posted to PEDA
on 17 Sep 2001.  It is hardly a new bug is it!

It is probably a measure of how rare the button is used that the problem
does not appear on this list more often.

Altium are aware of the problem, they were CC'ed with the fix and responded
to direct question about layer numbers.  There is a KB item for it as well,
KB 2805, which shows one fixe.  Another was posted to PEDA on or about
17Sep2001.  Basically, as Dennis found, you have to go into the PCB ini
file and correct some layer numbers.  The info on what the layer numbers
are has been posted to the list in the past as well.

I wonder if this bug has been fixed in DXP?  This is just the sort of thing
that would really please users isn't it.

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: C2CED08A8E6770499BCA1B2E7984E1D2BCD2ABFF