The personal electronics industry is a freak among industries. You must
agree with that?

Even in your example lies cable modem service that has gone up and up. Tell
me why? They say it's because it reflects the value of our service.' BS,
it's because DSL went up and cable can go up to because there is no reason
to hold it down.

How about gasoline? In California, they told us a few years ago the gas
price was going to climb because of the expense of processing in the MTBE
additive. Now they find out MTBE sucks, and it's going to cost more again to
take it out! Why can't they just make the old gas, and give us the old
pre-MTBE price? Because the market will bear it and the gov't won't step in
to pull back the reigns.

You see no excuse, but capitalism allows it to happen. Maybe if Castro was
running the EDA s/w industry we'll all be using expresspcb and liking it.