> i think the time use model is a future certainty, UCITA already allows
> remote disabling of users software more or less at the vendor's will

UCITA may allow it, but my buying policy does not allow it.  If I buy a copy
of software I should be able to use it as long as I want to.  If a software
company wants to lease (rent) software, they should explicitly call it by
such standard commerce terms as "lease" or "rent", and those terms should be
used in the advertising literature "Protel DXP, the EDA platform of the
future, is here now!  Lease your copy today!".  Then, maybe I can make an
informed decision as to whether or not to lease (rent) it.  Otherwise, I am
going to regard it as a time-unlimited use purchase, no matter what
phony-baloney pseudo-legalese is in the EULA.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com