No, not everything has gone up.  I am surprised that you would make this
claim, being in the electronics industry.  Here are some things that have
gone down:

Long distance rates
Cellphone rates
TVs (get a good one for $300 US, they used to be a lot more)
All kinds of personal electronics
Computers

I have somewhat increased what I charge for consulting services over the
years.  But I am not able to increase what I charge for hardware due to
market forces.

Other than hiring more programmers or giving them a raise, I see no excuse
for software prices going up.  Code can be (and is) re-used from one version
to the next, so that R&D is already paid for.  What the increases are really
for is to support the increased inefficiency of the corporate machine.  Yes,
you are less efficient (in terms of work output / dollars input) if you get
paid more for doing the same thing.  So, I have become slightly less
efficient in the past 10 years ;-)  But not to the extent that Big Corp.
does.  They have big CEOs, big marketing depts, big stockholders to pay big
bucks to.  But the output isn't scaling with the $$$ input.  So they are
becoming less efficient.

Increasing software prices vs. decreasing customer acceptance of paying
those prices.  This is another classic case of the irresistable force
meeting the immovable object.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com