Fred, have you ever developed s/w? Every company I know releases known
bugs into code with exception of anything that would cause death or
destruction. They are categorized and prioritized and weighted against
quarterly statements, product announcements, etc.

I don't think ANY engineer wants to release with known bugs, but they
are forced to do it. Sometimes troublesome functions are cut out to meet
a ship date, and in the process of cutting them out, something else
*might* get corrupted.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens a lot.

Your suggestion to sell DXP for $1600 to new customers is almost absurd.
Sure, it would be nice to buy it for $1600, but do you realistically
think the company could survive? We'd all be screwed. With the exception
of ATS going away (I doubt that will happen), I think the other idea
floating about ATS being extended until a reasonably bug free version of
DXP is released would be decent possibility.