>     I do believe the stability of my new system is that all the
peripherals,
> 24 bit/96KHz sound, USB, 1394, Ethernet, SATA raid controller, ATA raid
> controller are all on the motherboard & the video card was also made by
Asus

I bet that 24bit/96KHz sound that's on the mobo doesn't sound so good.  I
have yet to find mobo sound that is good.  And IIRC, Brian is da man when it
comes to hi-fi sound, so he's got to be even pickier than I am.  Even my
Sound Blaster Live card, which is supposed to be a hi-fi card, has residual
noise that I can hear during passages of silence.  I'd estimate (with my
earscope) that it has about 14-bits of s/n ratio, even though it's a 16-bit
card.  The Biostar and Via mobo sound I have is maybe 11-bit s/n ratio, at
best.

Brian, I'm glad your new mobo still has serial and parallel ports.  Oh, God,
please don't take away my serial and parallel ports!

I see you are running Protel 99SE on it, and it flys.  If you really want to
strain it, load the Visual Studio .NET suite on it.  I know a developer who
says the new .NET stuff slows his dual PIII to a crawl.  That's a big reason
he is still developing with Visual Studio 6.  You can also tax it with
Autodesk Inventor.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.