> Just do what I did, soldier hugely shielded RCA cables right by the sound
> chip.  The sound clearly ouperforms SBLive 5.1 and earlier.  DVDs will
play
> all 6 channels at 24bit, 96KHz.

I take the SPDIF output from the SB Live and run it into the digital input
of my Yamaha receiver.  So it's a digital connection.  The noise I hear must
be something added by the SB Live circuitry itself.  Either the SB Live
on-board signal is converted to analog and back to digital, or the SB Live
DSP doesn't have enough precision.

Mine's not a 5.1, it's just stereo.  I don't care for 5.1 sound for music.
I'm not opposed to it for movies, but placing 2 speakers properly is tough
enough.  Who can place 6 speakers properly?  Houses aren't designed for
audiophiles, you know...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.